[Peace] Wednesday, December 3 surveillance talk / Thursday Jihad talk

Karen Medina kmedina at illinois.edu
Tue Dec 2 11:12:32 CST 2008

2 events this week:

Wednesday, December 3,
Is Big Brother Watching? Does it Even Matter?
Is it true that only those with something to hide need to worry about increased
surveillance, or is it an issue that effects everyone? What rights do citizens have
when it comes to issues of privacy or surveillance? Activist Peter Rhomberg
discusses surveillance, privacy, and systems of control and power in a post-
Patriot Act, post-FISA world.
Room 163 Noyes (505 South Mathews Avenue, Urbana)
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
7pm
See link to flier below.

Also, there is a talk on Thursday about Jihad. I'm looking for more info on this.

-karen medina