[Peace] AWARE Main Event peace demonstration! Sat Dec 6th, 2-4pm, Main & Neil, downtown Champaign

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 5 01:47:02 CST 2008

We'll soon have a new president in the White House, at long last,
though -- for the time being at least -- we have the
same old wars to oppose.

Please join us this Saturday, Dec. 6th, 2-4pm
at the usual Main & Neil intersection in downtown Champaign
for AWARE's monthly anti-war demonstration!

The spot will look a bit different due to last month's fire
on the southwest corner, and Neil St. may still be blocked off
to southbound traffic.  Still we can show our stuff to whoever
passes by.

We'll have a flyer -- "AWARE calls on Obama to keep his promise of change!" --
with a list of AWARE's priorities for the new Administration, and a call to action
for members of the public to keep Obama's and the Congress's feet to the fire!

Hope you can come.  Dress warmly.  Saturday's weather forecast
matches the political one, but chillier -- expect bluster.