[Peace] Fwd: [radcaucus] Petition to "Defend the Shoe Man Journalist" making the rounds

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 15:19:13 CST 2008

* *

*Subject: **[mediawar] "Shoe-thrower did what journalists should have done
long ago"*

Media Workers Against the War                        www.mwaw.net

1. "Muntadar al-Zaidi Did What We Journalists Should Have Done Long Ago"

David Lindorff, author and columnist for Counterpunch, recommends that his

former ALMER MATER, Columbia University School of Journalism, hire al-Zaidi

teach press conference  techniques.

Read it here: http://tinyurl.com/5l4m29

2. PLEASE SIGN AND CIRCULATE:

The 50,000 Signatures Campaign for Zaidi

The campaign will proceed in demand of the release of the Iraqi Journalist,

Montadhar Al-Zaydi who hurled a pair of shoes at George Bush on 12/14/2008
in

Baghdad in reaction to Bush's immoral invasion of Iraq and the war-crimes

committed by the occupying forces with the aid of local warlords.

We hereby sign below to demand the immediate release of the Journalist

Montadhar Al-Zaydi, without any constraints or conditions. We also hold

Al-Maliki's government and the Bush administration accountable and
responsible

for his life, dignity, and well-being.

Sign the petition here:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/iwffomuntatharalzaidi/index.html