[Peace] Latest Poem

Nora Whipple carbenmommy at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 13:44:06 CST 2008

Hey All:

As most of you know, I was raised both under the influence of Unitarian Universalist and Jehovah Witness Thought.  It is for this alone that I have had a hard time in deciding what to believe, what not to believe and be inclusive of all my relatives around the end of the year.  I was confused as a child.  Some years we celebrated Christmas because it was good (my father, Ralph Mangan was a recovering Catholic, so Saint Nickolas wasn't a bad dude).  Other years we didn't celebrate Christmas because it was bad (my mother, Margery Mangan [Springer] aways felt bad when Christmas was celebrated, stating that Christmas did not celebrate the birth of Jesus, yet she did not mind giving and receiving gifts).  One time I got to spend a night of Hanukkah with the Kaplan family who told me of the miracle of Hanukkah and why they had a model of the town rather than a Christmas Tree.  It was then that I liked the idea of having a model of the town in our home
 rather than a Christmas tree, and when I explained how I would like for us to celebrate Christmas in this manor, both of my parents axed the idea, and we never had a model of the town in our home.  Years later, a wise woman named Carol-Ann Playez-Starkey related how St. Nickolas and Santa Claus were not the same person.  It was explained to me that Santa Claus was really a hatchet man who cut off the heads of Jewish children and gave them to disrespectful Nazi children at Christmas time to remind them of what could happen to them if they were Jewish and bad to make them hold fast to Nazi traditions.  So as I raised children, I thought it was best to celebrate the Winter Solstice and Christmas.  We have yet to celebrate Hanukkah properly.  I have celebrated Ramadan.  It is now why I choose to celebrate Hanukkah and Ramadan.  I like to celebrate the end of the year with my family, bestow presents upon my children, light candles, fast, but forget
 about the rest as there is too much violence in Christmas.  So now, with this introduction into my latest Poem, I give you the following...

Pass Her Around, Boys.  She's a Nazi (Rauhnacht, Weihnacht )

By Sarmista Chulov

1)  What we degrade as "hos," "prostitutes," "whores," "ladies of the night" "street walkers" and the like, Nazis elevate to "valorized reductionists."

(Rauhnacht, Weihnacht)

2)  What we raise to be mothers of children, Nazis raise to be metaphoric "blue-eyed, blond-haired conduits."

(Rauhnacht, Weihnacht )

3)  What we raise to be "Fraulein Marias," Nazis raise to be "Frau Bluchers."

(Rauhnacht, Weihnacht )

4)  What we dress in white, Nazis dress in red.

(Rauhnacht, Weihnacht )

5)  What we trim in gold, Nazis trim in white.

(Rauhnacht, Weihnacht )

6)  What some of us do in a marriage bed, Nazis do before a Christmas Tree.

(Rauhnacht, Weihnacht )

7)  While some of our females could get caught in the act while kissing St. Nikolaus, female Nazis would get caught in the act while kissing Santa Claus.

(Rauhnacht, Weihnacht )

8)  What we do to create a new race, Nazis do to commit genocide.

(Rauhnacht, Weihnacht )

9)  What some of us give wedding rings to, Nazis give cyanide to.

(Rauhnacht, Weihnacht )

10)  While we rejoice that Hitler died, Nazis cry.

(Weihnacht, Rauhnacht)

I BOW I THANK YOU ALL AND MAY THIS BE THE BEST __________ I'VE EVER HAD,

Nora E. Whipple