[Peace] Re: Fwd: Re: [Peace-discuss] signs for the buses? MLK Quotes

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 22:32:34 CST 2008

Works for MLK's b'day, Black History Month, and Valentine's Day, too!
   --Jenifer

"John W." <jbw292002 at gmail.com> wrote:
  At 01:19 PM 1/27/2008, Jenifer Cartwright wrote:

   Stuart,

   I'll leave the decision to others, but here's a website w/ some good, shorter MLK quotes.

   http://toppun.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=873&Page=4

   I'd say choose one that is free from gender- religious- and racial terminology... and if it's too long, fewer will read it.  I think this is closest to the message of the poem:

   Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

   Jenifer

Yay!  That's a WONDERFUL quote!!!

   Stuart Levy <slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrote:

   On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 04:00:43AM -0800, Jenifer Cartwright wrote:

   > Well, since you asked... maybe a quote from MLK?

   > --Jenifer

   Sure! That could be good. Do you want to pick a specific one?