[Peace] CNN Coverage on Being Black in America

Marti Wilkinson martiwilki at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 10:29:19 CDT 2008

*It's not news that the drop out rate in schools in low income areas is
high, particularly among males of color. If there were decent jobs waiting,
there would be an incentive to stay in school, and more would choose to do
so*.

I think the situation facing black youth is far more complex than that and
it's not something that I'm well equipped to address. Like John I understand
what it's like to have an education and still be struggling to make a living
wage.  That being said I still wouldn't trade my education - because I do
believe the payoff is something that is far more important than money.

The CNN website has several links to different stories that addresses the
topic of what it's like to be Black in America. This documentary is also
going to be aired again on Saturday and Sunday night.