[Peace] Fw: The Wheels of Justice are rolling into Urbana/Champaign!

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 5 11:37:13 CDT 2008

Another idea for AWARE Presents...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lama Nasser" <lamalucynasser at yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 9:07 PM
Subject: The Wheels of Justice are rolling into Urbana/Champaign!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change
the world.&nbsp; Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

-Anthropologist Margaret Mead

FALL 2008 WHEELS OF JUSTICE TOUR
&nbsp;
The Fall '08 Wheels of Justice tour needs your active participation and
support!

Since its founding, the Wheels of Justice tour has rolled across 48 states
to challenge and educate North Americans on the occupations of Palestine
and Iraq.&nbsp; We have spoken and mobilized at hundreds of events! The
Bus has been to over 200 middle and high schools, over 1200 colleges and
universities, and hundreds of churches and community centers. But at this
crucial stage in our world’s history, we must intensify our efforts and go
to places we have not been to, as well as revisiting the places where we
can get new audiences- especially at universities and schools.

The new fall season begins as we see significant changes in the political
landscape regarding occupations in Iraq and Afghanistan, colonization in
Palestine, potential confrontation with Iran, and oppression of civil
liberties here at home.&nbsp; The bus team is growing and adapting to
changing circumstances. With your help, we will continue to offer the very
best in compelling witness, testimony and expertise on our roles and
responsibilities as taxpayers and world citizens. New speakers are added
regularly and other speakers have traveled recently to update their
firsthand knowledge in Iraq and Palestine. &nbsp;

With your much-needed help, we will continue to speak and mobilize at more
high schools, more colleges, more churches, and more community centers and
to a wider audience.&nbsp; We have lined up excellent speakers to
accompany our mobile educational center/colorful bio-diesel (soon to be
veggie-oil!) operated bus.

Now what YOU should do:

A) SUPPORT: The tour kicks off in Madison, Wisconsin this September and
rolls on through Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, and
Tennessee. If you live in the areas along the Fall route or know people
there, consider hosting the Wheels of Justice Tour and participating
fully. Contact Lama Nasser for bus bookings at LamaLucyNasser at yahoo.com.
Spread the word! Call and email people you know along the route or
people/organizations you think might be interested in being added to the
route. Also, consider holding fund-raising events to help the bus keep
rolling.

B) DONATE: It takes money to operate this educational platform.&nbsp; It
takes
money for speaker travel costs, bio-diesel, food, literature, mailing,
logistics, etc. To donate send checks made out to: Wheels of Justice, 740
Roundlake Rd., Luck, WI 54853 (if you want your donation to be tax
deductible, please make out checks to Progressive Foundation instead of
WOJ and mail to
the same address). Or donate online via Paypal at:
http://justicewheels.org/donation-and-endorsements

To learn more about the Wheels of Justice visit our site at
www.justicewheels.org or email Lama Nasser at LamaLucyNasser at yahoo.com