[Peace] FW: [dekalbinterfaithnetwork] Fw: More and Better Democrats? Attend the Illinois Progressive Confer

Siobhan Kolar siobhankolar at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 22:17:56 CDT 2008

Way Out in the 14th D...Stephen Kinzer (Folly of Attacking Iran) on a farm where many meetings to stop Denny's beltway took place over the years...

To: dekalbinterfaithnetwork at yahoogroups.com
From: jimbluebke at gmail.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 20:38:14 -0500
Subject: [dekalbinterfaithnetwork] Fw: More and Better Democrats?  Attend the Illinois Progressive Conference

Cele &
all,

Here's a great opportunity to gather & build our party
in Illinois from the grassroots up.
Register early so we can plan for lunch then come for a
great day of politics in the country.
Contact me for further info or if you need a
ride.

Jim Luebke
Chair 14th District Progressives
PDA
IL-14 Congressional District Point Person
(815) 757-3823

            HAD
            ENOUGH?

If you're
            like us, you're more than a little frustrated with most of our
            Democratic Party leadership here in Illinois and in Washington.
            Fortunately this is the year that
            We the
            People are creating new
            opportunities to take back our Party, our State, and our
            Country.

            So please join us and other PDA supporters
            from around Illinois for a Progressive Conference on June 28th.
            We'll meet representatives of many other Illinois Progressive groups
            to talk, learn from each other, and be inspired!

            Come join us and be
            a part of the movement for change.

            What:
            Illinois Progressive Conference: Learning How We Work together
            to Win
  When:
            Saturday June 28, 2008  8:30 AM to 4:30 PM

            Where:
            Landmark Marvel Davis Farm, Big Rock Township, Illinois (15 to 20
            miles west of Aurora)
  Keynote Speaker:
            Stephen Kinzer,
            award winning New York
            Times correspondent, and author
            of

            "Overthrow, America's Century of Regime Change from Hawaii to
            Iraq"
            For Full
            Information, Registration and Directions, go to: pdaillinois.org

OR see
            the flyer below
            If you
            have questions or comments about the Conference, please email them
            to: pdachicago at gmail.com

            Regards:
            Bill Bianchi and Laurel
            Bault
Co-chairs,
            PDA-Illinois
            pdachicago at gmail.com
            Illinois
            Progressive Democrats Conference: Learning How We Work

Together

Progressives
            Democrats of America-Illinois (PDA-IL) are hosting
            a conference for members
of Illinois' varied
            Progressive community.  We will gather to meet, discuss the
            issues, and
learn how to work together to bring about
            Progressive change in Illinois and the
            nation,
in 2008 and beyond.

More and
            Better Democrats
Since 2006, Democrats have controlled
            the Congress, while in Illinois our
            Party controls
both the legislature and the governor's mansion.
            But, what has changed?  We the People
need
            Progressive reform both in Springfield and in
            Washington to put
            an end to the
business as usual politics of big money and
            powerful special interests.

That's why the
            theme of our Conference is More and Better Democrats: more to
            maintain
our majorities and better to advance our Progressive
            agenda.   We can do
            better.

Come together for a day of discussion,
            planning and inspiration on how to win.

Program
            (8:30 am to 4:30 pm):
-
            Panel Discussion: Progressives, Democrats, November
            2008 and Beyond
-  Issue Breakouts: Single payer health system,
            electoral skills, economic crisis,

            war and occupation, campaign finance reform

-
            Lessons from past campaigns
-
            Working together to win electoral and policy
            victories
-  Toward a Progressive caucus in the Illinois
            Democratic Party

For
            current agenda and registration, go to: pdaillinois.org.

WHAT:
            Illinois
            Progressive Democrats Conference: Learning How We Work
            Together
WHEN:       Saturday,
            June 28th, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
WHERE:
            Landmark Marvel Davis Farm, near Big Rock,
            Illinois, (See
            directions
            Below)
WHY:
            To make change, we have to pull together

Registration,
            Fee, Food and Directions
            registration fee: $15.00, includes lunch  (Let us know if you
            want vegetarian)
At the door, registration:
            $18.00, including lunch

            REGISTER:

Online, (pay by credit card) go to: PDA-Illinois (pdaillinois.org)

By
            Mail, (pay by check) fill out this form and mail it to the
            address below.

Name:

Contact
            Info:
            Email______________________________________

Phone/s________________________________________________

What
            do you want to get out of this conference?
            _________________

Number
            of Registrations: _________________________________

Mail
            to: Illinois PDA, 4141 N. Paulina,
            Chicago,
            IL
            60613
Updated
            event information will be at the PDA Illinois web site after May
            30th at: pdaillinois.org
Note: charming facility, but no
            running water.
We will provide coffee, tea and juice plus
            tap water in a keg.
Wheel chair
            accessible
DIRECTIONS:

Location:
            Marvel Davis Farm, 47W 066 Jericho Rd, Big Rock , IL (15-20
            miles

            west of Aurora)

Traveling West from the
            Chicago area:
(1) Take I-88 to the IL 56 west exit
            toward Sugar Grove;
(2) Stay on IL 56 west until it merges with
            US 30 west (about 4.2 mi);
(3) Take US 30 to Dugan Rd, approx 2.4
            mi;
(4) Turn LEFT on Dugan Rd - go 0.1 mi (over tracks);
(5)
            Turn RIGHT on Granart Rd and drive 3.2 mi to intersection with
            Jericho Rd
      (stop
            sign);
(6) Turn LEFT on Jericho Rd for 0.8 mi to Marvel Davis
            Farm on the left;

             Turn into driveway and follow signs to
            parking.
If you need further directions day of,
            please call Jim  (815) 757-3823
            or Bill 773/636-1927 .

            Progressive Democrats of
            America is a grassroots PAC that
            works both inside the Democratic Party and outside in movements for
            peace and justice. Our goal: Elect a permanent, progressive majority
            in 2008. PDA's advisory board includes seven members of Congress and
            activist leaders such as Tom Hayden, Medea Benjamin, Thom Hartmann
            and Rev. Lennox Yearwood. More info: pdamerica.org
            Spread the
            Progressive Word--Shop PDAstore!

            NOTE: To unsubscribe
            use the link
below.

Unsubscribe | Privacy
Policy

    __._,_.___

            Messages in this topic           (1)

            Reply           (via web post)

          Start a new topic

                Messages
            |    Files
            |    Photos
            |    Links
            |    Database
            |    Polls
            |    Members
            |    Calendar

      MARKETPLACE

             Attention, Yahoo! Groups users!  Sign up now for a one-month free trial from Blockbuster.   Limited time offer.

        Visit Your Group

        Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use       |

        Unsubscribe

		Visit Your Group