[Peace] Urbana Farmers' Market Booth

Naeem Sheikh nsheikh at uiuc.edu
Sat Jun 21 03:10:40 CDT 2008

Dear Subscribers to CIMIC Events Announcement List,

We haven't had too many events recently, so there have not been too
much activity on this list. Just wanted to write and give a reminder
about the Urbana Farmers' Market Booth and a heads-up for a seminar on
coming Friday.

This is the 3rd season in a row that CIMIC is having a booth presence
at the Urbana Farmers' Market. We have revitalized the booth this year
so that visitors from the past would still find it worthwhile to stop
by. Each day is devoted to a theme. There is a poster on that theme
and a quiz on that theme. So, for example, the theme last Saturday was
"Family, Marriage and Love in Islam", and the theme this Saturday
(i.e. today) is "Woman in Islam". If you are passing through UFM, stop
by our booth for a chat.

Coming Friday, CIMIC will be having a speaker who is a peacemaker from
Burundi. Her name is Florence Ntakarutimana. I will send another email
in a few days with the details as the final seminar is yet to be
determined. It will be either 7:30 pm or later than that.

Best regards,
Naeem Sheikh
Outreach Committee
Central Illinois Mosque and Islamic Center (CIMIC)
www.cimic.org