[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Update: Urgent: Patrick Thompsonnotetakers still needed

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Thu May 15 18:04:21 CDT 2008

Well, I've just received word that we won't need a Friday afternoon
notetaker as the case should be in the Jury's hands late morning or early
afternoon tomorrow. If the trial runs past lunch, we do have someone
(thanks again to Barbara) who can pick up the last little bit.

I'm told the defense has rested, but that there may be rebuttal witnesses
tomorrow. Then closing arguments and instructions to the jury.

If any of you have been waiting for the culmination of the trial to turn
out, tomorrow morning 9AM is the time to do so. Remember, one can't just
necessarily waltz right in - you may have to wait quite a bit for a break
in the proceedings before officers will let you in, so it's best to be in
the courtroom before 9AM (don't forget to allow time to park and go
through security - there is a long line at the beginning of the day).
Another reminder - don't talk or show emotion during any of the
proceedings - not only could you get ejected, but it could conceivably
provide grounds for a mistrial and that's the last thing Patrick would
want since the most serious charge by far (home invasion) has been thrown
out during this trial. Just be a witness (taking your own notes as well if
you like).

Thanks