[Peace] wiki to support activism

Karen Medina kmedina at illinois.edu
Tue Nov 4 18:42:13 CST 2008

The Y is advertising an activism Wiki to function as a way to spread information,
ideas, and contacts among individuals and groups around the Champaign-Urbana
community that are involved in activism in local, national, and global politics.
http://c-uactivism.wikispaces.com/
In the website you can:
-Create a profiles for organizations or individuals
-Create events pages for speakers, meetings, protests, projects, etc.
-Post events, news, links, opinions, etc.

This space does not espouse a single ideology, however it's purpose is
certainly not to prop up existing political structures.
  As a community, we share common goals whether it is confronting
oppression or militarism, ending inequality, addressing environmental
degradation, or fighting for rights and we should not be deterred from
reaching out to each other.