[Peace] Winter Soldier vol. opp.-boot display

Chris Tuck christuck911 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 10:26:59 CST 2008

Boots -- Eyes Wide Open traveling Illinois exhibit
* We need help setting up and taking down the exhibit
** Set up team : 10 AM, we need 4-6 helpers -- about an hour of outdoor work
** Take down team: 4 PM to 5 PM, we need 4-6 helpers. Again it is outside.

More details like locations:
* American Friends Service Committee
* 1 boot for every fallen Illinois soldier / For every fallen soldier, there
are about
7 wounded.
* The number of suicides are not counted. The number of fallen contractors
are
not counted.
* Need a setup team at 10 AM, (November 13, 2008)
-- Need 4-6 helpers to set up
-- The exhibit will be delivered to the Gregory Hall parking lot circle
drive; 810
S. Wright Street, Urbana (U of I campus); see map
http://illinois.edu/ricker/CampusMap?buildingID=43&target=displayHighlight
* Martin Smith will find people to staff the exhibit and pass out the flyers
for
Winter Soldier event
* Will be set up at the English Building, grass by the sitting statue thing,
608
South Wright Street, Urbana, (U of I campus); see map
http://www.fs.uiuc.edu/ada/0044.html
* Need a break down team 4pm-5pm
-- Need 4-6 people
* Hopefully it won't be as cold and snowy as this looks:
http://uitours.ncsa.uiuc.edu/maincampus/english/21315_l.jpg
* Contact person for setup and takedown signup: Karen Medina,
kmedina at illinois.edu ; (217) 766-3341
* Contact person for other: maybe Jake
Jake Crawford
jcrawfo4 at illinois.edu
(706) 284-6148
* At the exhibit, people will be passing out Winter Soldier flyers.

--
Chris Tuck
"People should not be afraid of their governments,