[Peace] Nov 1: The LAST AWARE demo at One Main???

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 15:02:07 CDT 2008

No, not because the election is going to end the war - that'll be the day! - it's because we may decide to move this regular monthly event.  (But not without a month or so notice, I admit.)  Because it appears the war will still go on, maybe even widen in scope, even if there is some degree of troop withdrawal from Iraq.

If Obama wins we will have a very special kind of mission: spreading the word about the "antiwar" candidate's war policies.  It is just possible, say I, that a new administration could be more responsive, or at least vulnerable, on this point (since so many voters are voting against the war) - but it will be up to us to make it happen.  It will be tough.  But that never deterred us before.

For the time being (Saturday November 1), it's still:

2-4 pm
One Main in Champaign
(intersection of Main and Neil)

Bring your own sign or borrow one of ours - and dress warm!

 See you there!
Ricky

"Only those who do nothing make no mistakes." - Peter Kropotkin