[Peace] RALLY FOR QUALITY EDUCATION TODAY!

Lori A.Serb loriserb at loriserb.info
Wed Oct 29 12:41:53 CDT 2008

We need YOU at our rally today- come and bring a friend!

TODAY: RALLY FOR QUALITY EDUCATION
(GEO Drops Knowledge and Beats)
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 29 4:30pm
IN FRONT OF FOELLINGER AUDITORIUM

All over campus, we see rising tuition, pay cuts, and larger workloads
for instructors.  These moves degrade the quality of education at the
University of Illinois, and they're part of a broader trend of eroding
support for public education across the country.  The University says
it's in a perpetual budget crisis and has no choice, but we say it's a
question of priorities.  We say that our priority is a high quality,
accessible public university.  This means controlling tuition costs.
This means ensuring working conditions in which instructors are paid a
fair wage and not overworked.  This means solidarity among students,
instructors, campus workers, and community members.

We want to see YOU turn out on Wednesday, October 29 at 4:30 for a
rally on the Quad in front of Foellinger.  We'll address these issues
and discuss how they connect to the thesis of Naomi Klein's book "The
Shock Doctrine," on which she'll be speaking later that night.  Also
come to enjoy the debut of the GEO drum corps! We need your help to
make sure this rally is a success!
http://uillinois.facebook.com/event.php?eid=35635801650

In Solidarity,

Lori Serb