[Peace] upcoming events

eheim2 at illinois.edu eheim2 at illinois.edu
Sun Sep 14 23:35:07 CDT 2008

Here are some events that are upcoming on campus and elsewhere.

1. Coalition meeting for the local Winter Soldier event to be held on September 23rd at 7:00 P.M. in Noyes Hall room 163.

2. The military send off at Centennial High School:
http://www.news-gazette.com/news/2008/09/05/sendoffs_for_guard_soldiers_scheduled

We need to figure out some counter-recruitment event for this.

3. Dave Zirin's talk- A People's History of Sports in the United States: 250 Years of Politics, Protest, People, and Play
Monday, October 6th at 7 P.M. Gregory Hall Rm. 317

At the Channing-Murray Foundation:

1. One Year After the Empire Fell: An Activist Recalls His Trip to Iraq
Sunday, September 21st 1:00 P.M. with speaker Vincent Eirene

2. Documentary: Divided We Fall. This documentary tells the story of hate violence in the aftermath of 9/11 and explores the question: Who counts as American?
Thursday, September 25th 7:15 P.M.

3. Documentary: The End of Suburbia: Oil Depletion and the Collapse of the American Dream
Wednesday, October 8th 7:15 P.M.

4. Life and Work in Palestine- An activist shares his story of 2 years working as a volunteer at a Lutheran congregation in Palestine.
With Rev. John Setterlund at 7:15 P.M. on Wednesady, November 12th.