[Peace] "Recovery, not Bailout" Demonstration Wednesday evening 5:00 -

Barbara kessel barkes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 15:10:54 CDT 2008

Jobs with Justice + AWARE are sponsoring an emergency demonstration to say
what is necessary for a decent Recovery plan. Press release has just gone
out for 5:00 at the Illinois Terminal - 45 E. University, where there will
be a press conference in the parking lot.

After that, we will march west toward the four corners of Neil and
University stoplight. If there are too many of us to stand on the four
corners, we may spread out down University in both directions - move around
if we have to or need to.

No flyers, just lots of wonderful signs, readable from a distance, signs
such as Bail Out Main Street, Not Wall Street!

No unlimited power to Treasury

Money for houses , not paper

If you would like to contribute a slogan or two, please respond with them to
Peace discuss (not Peace announce). If you want to bring your own sign, feel
free. If you want to help make many signs, please show up at the IEA office
at 3:15 or so. It is now located at the Corporate Building west of Mattis
(by about 1/3 of a mile)  on Bloomington Road. It is the only building
visible and it has a fountain in front of it. You turn right on a smaller
road called Clearlake. Illinois Education Association takes up most of the
first floor. They will have all the materials for us. If you just want to
show up, please do and we will have signs for you to carry.

Questions? See you on Peace-discuss.