[Peace] The Transition Movement and Transition Champaign County - Monday at 7:30

Brussel Morton K. mkbrussel at comcast.net
Sun Apr 19 21:13:20 CDT 2009

For more background on this movement, see

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/19/magazine/19town-t.html?_r=1&ref=magazine

--mkb

Some have criticized it as an unrealistic pipe dream, since it leaves
out the fact that modern society is now largely urban "fed largely by
mechanized, energy-intensive, artificially fertilized agriculture."
What do the people do in the megalopolises of New York, London, Rio,
Tokyo, … which depend on concentrated sources of cheap energy?