[Peace] Farmer's Market is coming! Can you help at the table?

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sun Apr 26 14:53:57 CDT 2009

The Urbana Farmer's Market opens this Saturday, May 2nd,
and AWARE is slated to have a table there as ever,
every Saturday, until Nov. 7th.

Tabling at the Market is one of AWARE's main and most
rewarding ways to keep in touch with the community.

This is especially important now -- no less than it was under the
Bush administration -- since too many people seem to be complacent
that Obama will just make everything right and all people need to
do is cheer him on.  It isn't happening that way.

We need people.  We need you, if you can spare a couple
of hours on a few Saturday mornings.

(Favorite new bumper sticker, from Revolutionary Lemonade Stand:
"Proud parent of a high school anti-war demonstrator.")

Booth shift times are...

   - ~7:45am -  9:20am  (and setup; booth needs to be set up by 8am!)
   -  9:20am - 10:40am
   - 10:40am - noon     (and teardown)

Please include a phone number -- a cell phone if you use one --
so you can reach others and vice versa if arrangements
need to change, etc.

[I'm setting replies to go to me, slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu, by default.
Your phone number will be visible to others who volunteer on
the same day as you, but won't be seen by the whole list
unless you reply to "peace", which isn't a good idea anyway.]

We can use one or two people per time slot -- two is easier.

The first few dates (Ron Szoke has already signed up):

   May 2nd  (ending soon before the Social Forum begins at the IMC)

     ~7:45-9:20
      9:20-10:40
     10:40-noon

   May 9th

     ~7:45-9:20
      9:20-10:40     Ron Szoke
     10:40-noon

   May 16th

     ~7:45-9:20
      9:20-10:40
     10:40-noon

   May 23rd

     ~7:45-9:20
      9:20-10:40
     10:40-noon

If you'll be working at the booth, please review the regulations,
at least page 4 of this:

    http://www.city.urbana.il.us/urbana/Community_Development/Economic_Development/market/Community_App.pdf

Main ones for us are -

   - Booths must be set up by 8am or we'll lose our space.
     If we do this twice, we'll lose it for the season.

   - They don't want people wandering around the aisles
     hawking stuff -- we need to stick to the booth.

Again, I've set replies to me by default -- I'll collect responses.