[Peace] AWARE at the Sweet Corn Festival! Can you help...?

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sat Aug 15 07:25:03 CDT 2009

AWARE will have a booth at Urbana's Sweet Corn Festival,
Aug. 28 and 29 -- two weeks from now --
Friday 5pm-11pm, and Saturday 11am-11pm.

This is a cool chance to talk with a broad group of people
from around Champaign-Urbana -- there's been more variety
of opinions among the Sweet Corn visitors than we get
from the weekly Farmer's Market crowd.

They're long days, but if we're trying to reach people
in this town and convince them that stopping the wars,
ending torture, ... matter, and that *they can do
something about it*, this is a good way to do that.

But, we need to staff the booth for the entire time.

Can you help?

We could try to go for 2-hour shifts:

   8/28 Friday 5-7pm
   8/28 Friday 7-9
   8/28 Friday 9-11

   8/29 Saturday 11am-1pm
   8/29 Saturday 1pm-3pm
   8/29 Saturday 3pm-5pm
   8/29 Saturday 5pm-7pm
   8/29 Saturday 7pm-9pm
   8/29 Saturday 9pm-11pm

If you can help with any of these times, or some fraction of them,
please write back (either to peace-discuss or to me,
though please don't reply to the peace list).

More details:

    Setup times:
	Friday: Booth must be set up by 4:00pm
	  (an hour before the shebang begins)

	Saturday: we're to set up between 9:30 and 10:30am

    Don't know where exactly we'll be.

    We have 11x11-foot space -- almost twice as much as
     at the Farmer's Market.   We can use our canopy.

    We can try to get some small LED lamps to illuminate
     us and our gear.  (Any ideas?)