[Peace] AWARE at the Sweet Corn Fest

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 28 20:54:24 CDT 2009

If you're working at or would like to visit AWARE's booth at the
Sweet Corn Fest, here's where to find it:

    Among the booths along the sidewalk in front of the courthouse,
    we are near the western end.  That is, from the southeast
    corner of Broadway and Main, we're about two booths
    further east, along the south side of Main St., right next to
    the red-canopied Cardinal Fitness booth.

It's been pretty lively.  The bands are close enough to be
annoying but less so than in some years.  People who've stopped have
been almost entirely sympathetic, and several have stayed to talk
for quite a while, but it's a very different crowd
than the people we see at the Farmer's Market.

There was more room under our canopy than we needed, so we're
also giving some shelter to Betsem Benjamin, an artist with
a studio in the IMC, who helped us set up this afternoon.