[Peace] AWARE at the Sweet Corn Fest

Mikhail Lyubansky lyubanskym at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 21:48:37 CDT 2009

Just wanted to say hello to the group.  I met Stuart at the Corn Festival,
but I don't think I know anyone else on the list yet.  I teach a course on
the psychology of race in the psych dept and try to wright about racism and
racial issues in general when I can find the time.  I have young kids so
probably won't be attending Sunday meetings but I'll follow along on the
discussion list and try to contribute and get to know some of you that way.

Best,
Mikhail

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Stuart Levy <slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> If you're working at or would like to visit AWARE's booth at the
> Sweet Corn Fest, here's where to find it:
>
>    Among the booths along the sidewalk in front of the courthouse,
>    we are near the western end.  That is, from the southeast
>    corner of Broadway and Main, we're about two booths
>    further east, along the south side of Main St., right next to
>    the red-canopied Cardinal Fitness booth.
>

> It's been pretty lively.  The bands are close enough to be
> annoying but less so than in some years.  People who've stopped have
> been almost entirely sympathetic, and several have stayed to talk
> for quite a while, but it's a very different crowd
> than the people we see at the Farmer's Market.
>
> There was more room under our canopy than we needed, so we're
> also giving some shelter to Betsem Benjamin, an artist with
> a studio in the IMC, who helped us set up this afternoon.

Mikhail Lyubansky, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology
http://www.psych.uiuc.edu/~lyubansk

Managing Editor, OpEdNews