[Peace] Saturdays Flier

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 5 00:32:35 CST 2009

You don't seriously think that Israel would have attacked Gaza against the
wishes of the USG or without its knowledge.  No one does.

Even John Mearsheimer (co-author of The Israel Lobby and US Foreign Policy,
which makes the best case for the untenable thesis that the Israel lobby forces
US policy against the US "national interest") points out that

"The Bush administration backed Israel’s creation of a major humanitarian crisis
in Gaza, first with a devastating blockade and then with a brutal war."

<http://www.lrb.co.uk/web/15/01/2009/mult04_.html>