[Peace] Restorative Justice talk

Dianna Visek divisek at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 23:26:56 CST 2009

Hi All,

The Champaign Co. Libertarian Party will be hosting Sally Wolf at 7 pm on Thursday Feb. 12 in the auditorium of the Urbana Free Library.  The meeting is free and open to the public.  Refreshments will be served.

Sally is the founder and head of the Illinois Balanced and Restorative Justice Initiative.

Restorative Justice emphasizes repairing harm and restoring relationships in a process that includes everyone involved.  Instead of asking what laws were broken, who did it, and what they deserve, it focuses on victims, asking who has been hurt, what they need, and who is responsible for meeting those needs.  Practices include victim-offender reconciliation, family group conferencing, and peace-keeping circles.

We'll have plenty of time for questions and answers.  I'm hoping we'll get some good ideas for alternatives to Urbana's proposed criminal nuisance property ordinance.

Please join us.

Dianna Visek