[Peace] AWARE on the Air, 10pm ch. 6

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 13 21:02:33 CST 2009

The stalwarts of AWARE (the Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort of Champaign-Urbana, a
local peace group), undeterred by ice, cold, snow, and internal disagreement,
present another edition of "AWARE on the Air" tonight at 10pm, cable channel 6.

While an American-sponsored massacre continues, we are distracted by the return
of George Bush to condign obscurity.  Whom will we blame henceforth?

Karen Medina runs down (but talks up) local activities in the coming weeks;
Marti Wilkinson brings us a video of AWARE's monthly demonstration for January;
Ron Szoke continues to muse on final solutions; and Linda Weber offers us more
mingle-mangles.

Vostro Schiavo (yr. obdt. servt.) suggests with Cassius that "The fault, dear
Brutus, is not in our stars, / But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
The massacres in the Middle East -- past, present, and future -- are our own,
the result of constant policy.  We cannot blame our creatures alone.  --CGE

<www.anti-war.net>