[Peace] Fwd: Fri 1/16: Protest at ABC: Let Gaza Live! Tell Truth About Israeli Massacre!

Chris Tuck christuck911 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 21:15:55 CST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ANSWER Chicago <answer at chicagoanswer.net>
Date: Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 8:57 PM
Subject: Fri 1/16: Protest at ABC: Let Gaza Live! Tell Truth About Israeli
Massacre!
To: ANSWER Chicago List <answer at chicagoanswer.net>

 *Let Gaza Live!
Friday, Jan. 16: *Visibility Protest to Let Gaza Live: Stop the Killing NOW!
*
Saturday, Jan. 17: *Palestine Forum with reports, video, discussion and a
film showing (Scroll down for more info)
 ------------------------------

* Visibility Protest to Let Gaza Live: Stop the Killing NOW!**
Demand that ABC & all U.S. News Media ...
 *** Accurately Report the Israeli Massacre in Gaza
** Immediately End Pro-Occupation/Anti-Muslim Bias in their News Coverage
** Accurately Report on the World-wide Protests in Solidarity with Gaza*

The action will include large display pictures of Israeli atrocities, chants
to remember the dead and a listing of all protests held around the world in
solidarity with Gaza.

Friday, Jan. 16 - 5 pm
ABC State Street Studio
 *190 N. Street (State and Lake)
 For directions click
here<http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=m&lat=41.885499&lon=-87.628128&zoom=16&q1=190%2520N.%2520State%252C%2520Chicago%252C%2520IL>
For more info call 773-463-0311 or 773-951-2020
*Initiated by American Muslims for Palestine and ANSWER Chicago*. Endorsers
welcome.

*ABC and all major news outlets are guilty of anti-Arab bigotry and racism!*
As of this writing nearly 1,000 Palestinians have been needlessly killed and
another 4,000 injured--all in less than 20 days. The war crimes committed by
the Israeli occupation forces include the targeting of civilians, women and
children, entire families, schools, Mosques, medical aid workers,
journalists and the entire infrastructure of Gaza. The IOF has also used
outlawed chemical weapons against the population. Despite unanimous
world-wide condemnation of the murderous and illegal invasion and siege of
an already occupied people, every major news outlet in the U.S. is acting as
apologists for the U.S.-supported Israeli massacre.

Join us on the street in front of the ABC studio during their newscast on
Friday, Jan. 16 at 5 pm. We will assemble in front of ABC news to demand an
immediate end to the massacre in Gaza. We will also demand that the media
report on the thousands of U.S.-supported Israeli war crimes that continue
to be carried out against the people of Palestine.

End the War on Palestine Now!
Stop U.S. Aid to Israel!
End the Occupation! Free Palestine!
 ------------------------------

*Palestine Forum
 Reports, Video, Slideshow, Discussion
 *Plus: Film Showing - * Gaza Strip*

 *Satur**d**ay, January 17, 6 pm
*3334 W. Lawrence #202
(Brown Line - Kimball Stop)*
*Call 773-463-0311 for more info
Click here for directions
 <http://www.pslweb.org/site/R?i=UNU_ooR7F5JCvF6pgvJb5g..>
*Update & Discussion*
Join us for a discussion of the latest developments in the U.S./Israeli war
on Palestine. What is at stake in the current crisis for Gaza and Palestine,
for the people of the region and around the world? How can we help turn the
tide against war, racism and occupation?

*Reports, Video, Slideshow*
Hear reports from national demonstrations. Watch videos and slides from
local actions against the U.S./Israeli war on Palestine. Share your
experiences. *To read a report from nationwide actions on Jan. 9 and 10
click here* <http://www.chicagoanswer.net/Events.htm#From>*

Film: Gaza Strip
*Gaza Strip* *pushes the viewer headlong into the tumult of the
Israeli-occupied Gaza, examining the lives and views of ordinary
Palestinians. The central character is Mohammed Hejazi, a 13-year-old
paperboy in Gaza City, one of the young "stone-throwers" who risk their
lives throwing rocks at Israeli tanks across the barbwire fences. (74
minutes)

$5 - $10 donation requested. No one turned away for lack of funds.

 *Donate today so we can keep this movement growing*

*<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2151905>
*A heartfelt thanks to everyone who donated in the last week to help pay for
the expenses for the many mass demonstrations that took place on Jan. 10.
None of this would have been possible without the generosity of individuals
who came forward to donate. We must go forward. The war is deepening. The
death toll is climbing. We will be in the streets again in the next few
days. *Please continue to show your generosity and commitment and make a
donation today by clicking this
link.*<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2151905>
 ------------------------------

*ANSWER Chicago (Act Now to Stop War & End Racism)*
*www.ChicagoANSWER.net <http://www.chicagoanswer.net/>
**answer at ChicagoANSWER.net

* <answer at chicagoanswer.net>*ANSWER Office in Chicago*
3334 W. Lawrence #202
Chicago, IL 60625
773-463-0311

Chris Tuck
"People should not be afraid of their governments,
Governments should be afraid of their people."