[Peace] AWARE ACTION ALERT: US military aid to Israel

Carol McKusick freshstart315 at msn.com
Fri Jul 3 17:09:21 CDT 2009

Weekly Alert for Week of Jun 28

At the AWARE meeting of January 28, 2009, it was decided to coordinate
through AWARE the follow through with a letter provided in an Alert put
out by US Campaign To End The Israeli Occupation. AWARE members wish to
generate letters from our midst in concert with the Campaign:

(1) in particular to Durbin because he is a member of the subcommittee of
Appropriations--State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs--that will
have the responsibility to mark up the FY2010 budget request for foreign
military financing for Israel in the Senate; and

(2) in particular at this time because we are in a probably-brief hiatus
between the markup in the House in the comparable subcommittee and one yet
to be held in the Senate. The one in the House did nothing to stop the
funds which are an increase over 2009.

Please read the sample letter at this page of the site of the US Campaign
To End The Israeli Occupation,
http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/641/t/2439/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=27254,
edit it if you will, and allow the site to submit it to Durbin.

After submitting your message using the web, will you also, if you have
time, call Durbin’s Springfield office and ask for Kaylee Gholson, (217)
492-4062, to reiterate your position. She is an aide for military
affairs. Mention, if you wish, that you are associated with AWARE.

Finally, please e-mail Linda Weber lweber0311 at gmail.com to report what you
have done.