[Peace] Candlelight vigil TODAY: Thursday (July 9th), 8:30pm, Alma Mater

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 9 07:28:02 CDT 2009

: ---------- Forwarded message ----------
: From: UIUC-Iran Candlelight Vigil <uiuc.iranfreeelection at gmail.com>
: Date: Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 8:29 PM
: Subject: Candlelight vigil: Thursday (July 9th), 8:30pm, Alma Mater
: To: UIUC-Iran Candlelight Vigil <uiuc.iranfreeelection at gmail.com>
:
: Dear friends,
:
: Iran is observing days of mourning in memorial of the martyrs of recent
: crisis, Neda and our other brothers and sisters. Also, many of the
students,
: journalists, reformists, and protesters have been detained with their
: whereabouts mostly unknown, and their families are experiencing very
hard
: times. We would like to invite you to join us for the candlelight vigil
: remember and honor those killed and detained during peaceful activities
for
: democracy and freedom in Iran.
:
: You are most welcome to invite your non-Iranian friends. For more
: information, please visit  "UIUC candlelight vigil" event at facebook.
: *Details:
: *Location: *Alma Mater (Corner of Green and Wright, Urbana, IL)
: *Date:*Thursday, July 9th
: *
: Time: *8:30-9:30 pm*
:
: There are only a limited number of candles available, so we appreciate
: greatly if you bring your own candles. Also, for those of you who missed
the
: opportunity to sign the Green Scroll, it will be there to be signed.
:
: Thanks,
: -organizers
: