[Peace] Re: Memorial in Champaign-Urbana this Saturday for Dr. Tiller?

Heather Ault hault2 at uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 2 20:52:10 CDT 2009

Hi Lena and everyone!

I wasn't aware of PP's policy on counter-protests at the clinic, so we
should definitely find another location.

Here are a few ideas, based on some suggestions I received - thanks
everyone!! Each of the following would be highly visible due to their
location near the Farmer's Market. We can also pass out 1/4 sized flyers
at the Farmer's Market from 9-10am inviting people to join the memorial.

1. At the US Federal Building (201 S Vine St at Elm, Urbana)
http://www.gsa.gov/

2. At the Champaign County Court House (101 E Main St at Broadway)
http://www.co.champaign.il.us/circt/contacts.htm

3. At the local United Methodist church, the same denomination where Dr.
Tiller's service will be held (304 S Race St at Green)
http://www.fumc-urbana.org/newsite/index.html

Also, I don't know the policies around organizing in front of these
buildings, so your feedback and ideas are greatly appreciated! I can do
the legwork in contacting appropriate people, departments, etc. Which
one seems most appropriate?

Thanks!
Heather