[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Re: Memorial in Champaign-Urbana

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Jun 3 18:58:49 CDT 2009

I too admire Chris Floyd's writing, but even Homer nods: it just isn't so that
"anxieties over fertility and sexuality are the chief engines driving the
frenzied and increasingly violent fundamentalist movements now sweeping through
the world."

That's a sentiment (un)worthy of Christopher Hitchens and his disquisition on
Islamofascism.  In any case, I thought there was a consensus that AWARE should
concentrate on its declared aims of opposing the US war and its attendant
racism, while recognizing that there was a variety of views within the group on
other issues, notably abortion.  --CGE