[Peace] Fwd: Gubernatorial Debate, Nov. 18!

Matt Reichel mattreichel at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 12 21:45:23 CST 2009

I echo these sentiments in remarks on the same thread on a Green listserv:

"Consistently, the worst offenders of exclusionary practices towards
Greens are so-called "progressive" or "liberal" non-profits. If
progressive groups would treat us half as kindly as the corporate
media, we might get somewhere as a Party.

In the last election,
I was excluded from a a series of debates by the Greater Chicago
Caucus, shunned by the IVI-IPO (who endorsed Fritchey in the primary
and Quigley in the general . . try and figure THAT one out from an
"independent" viewpoint), refused the privilege of a mailing list
purchase by Greenpeace, and treated as irrelevant by the "Progressive Democrats of America."
Meanwhile, the entirety of the corporate news circuit invited me on to
their morning news shows, a few of them even did exposes at the
"office" here, the Campaign for Liberty seriously considered
endorsement, and several Ron Paul-ers actively campaigned for me,
because I was the only consistently anti-war voice in the race.

The so-called "progressive" bureaucracy has fallen to the right of the American people, including many self-identified "conservatives. "

I no longer waste my time with useless organizations like the IVI-IPO, Greenpeace, the Sierra Club and so on. They are non-profit rackets. I know the game, because I used to work in the NGO industrial complex at Peace Action, formerly Sane/Freeze.

Best,

Matt Reichel