[Peace] Re: now accepting applications for the MLK Scholarship

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 12:54:26 CST 2009

RE: the DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. “LIVING THE DREAM” SCHOLARSHIPS

I just found a link to the application:
http://www.usd116.org/uhs/guidance/MLK%20APPLICATION%2009-10.pdf

Note that there is a discrepancy on the due date: the scholarship
committee wants the essay and application to arrive (by mail I assume)
by December 7th, 2009. But some schools want the essay and application
by Friday December 4th.

Each scholarship is worth $1,000 renewable for four years.  Students
choosing to attend the
University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign will receive an additional
$2,000 yearly in matching
scholarship funds.  Students choosing to attend Tougaloo College near
Jackson, Mississippi will
receive an additional $1,000 yearly in matching scholarship funds.
The total potential “Living
the Dream” scholarship over four years is $12,000 at the University of
Illinois and $8,000 at
Tougaloo College.

If a scholarship recipient chooses to attend Parkland College for two
years with a commitment to
transfer to the University of Illinois, the U of I will match the
$1,000 “Living the Dream”
scholarship during the student’s third and fourth years.

--
karen medina