[Peace] Demonstrate against sending more troops to Afghanistan! 5pm -- likely Tue 12/1 -- Alma Mater @ Green & WRight

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sat Nov 28 03:53:20 CST 2009

Pres. Obama will probably announce this week -- reportedly Tuesday --
about how many additional troops we're to send to Afghanistan.

That number is liable to be several tens of thousands.  It should
instead be less than zero -- we should have no inflammatory military
presence in Afghanistan nor Pakistan!

A majority of the American people oppose this war.   Let's hold
a demonstration to help demonstrate that, on the day of the announcement.

As discussed a couple weeks ago, since UofI students will be in town,
let's do this....

    Where: at the Alma Mater, Green and Wright Streets on UofI campus
    When:  from 5:00pm until 6:00pm
    On:    whatever day Obama is to announce the next step in this
	   terrible game -- probably Tuesday, Dec. 1st

AWARE, Campus Anti-War Network, and Iraq Veterans Against The War
are in, at least -- and maybe other groups as well.

Bring a sign, or we'll have some to carry..