[Peace] 6th Annual Unity March Oct. 3

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sat Sep 19 15:56:56 CDT 2009

[Originally from Neil Parthun <lennybrucefan at gmail.com>]

Sixth Annual Unity March
October 3rd, 12:00 noon

Dear AWARE,
Champaign Urbana Citizens for Peace and Justice, CUCPJ, is organizing the
Sixth Annual Unity March for Saturday, October 3rd.  The march will
kick-off at noon from the Champaign City Building in downtown Champaign and
proceed along University Avenue to the County Courthouse Plaza in Urbana
for a brief rally.

This year’s theme focuses on the lack of adequate housing, healthcare,
and food for the growing number of needy in Champaign County.  We believe
these items are basic human rights.  The failure of the community to
adequately respond to these human needs is fundamentally about the lack of
connectedness with family, friends and the broader community. It is about
people’s lack of control over their own environment and lives.

Through your past participation and support, we have been able to have five
inspiring marches. We would like to thank you for this support.

But, now we need your help to have another successful community Unity
March.  Will you partner with us to bring about greater public awareness
and to build a coalition of concerned citizens to work county-wide with
other elected representatives to shape local policies and action
initiatives to begin to seriously address these growing human and social
problems in our community?

You can help by:

Ø    Joining us on October 3, 2009 @ Noon

Ø    Spreading the word and sharing this information within your
organization
Ø    Helping us collect blankets and bedding for Safe Haven residents,
bring to the march

Ø    Providing transportation for marchers back to Champaign City Hall

Ø    Providing refreshments at the conclusion of the march, Family Room @
IMC

Ø    Join a committee to work with elected officials

Ø    Make a small financial donation to help offset costs to CUCPJ,  mail
to P.O. Box 1, Urbana Il 61802

Please feel free to respond to any of the above ways to help via email to
Neil Parthun lennybrucefan at gmail.com.  Any help, large or small is all
greatly appreciated.

We thank you in advance for your support, interest and participation.

Carol Ammons, Brian Dolinar, Neil Parthun, Durl Kruse, Ricky Baldwin, Barb
Kessel

Unity March Steering Committee

Solidarity,
  -N.

Neil Parthun
  IEA Region 9 Grassroots Political Activist
  Writer/Facilitator for Champaign-Urbana Public i

"Early in life I had learned that if you want something, you had better
make some noise." - Malcolm X