[Peace] Come join me at Demand a Real Economic Recovery for Working People! on Transition Champaign County (Illinois)

Ricky Baldwin events at transitionchampaigncounty.ning.com
Tue Sep 22 10:57:10 CDT 2009

Transition Champaign County (Illinois): Moving Toward a Sustainable, Locally Resilient & Equitable Champaign County
Ricky Baldwin has invited you to the event 'Demand a Real Economic Recovery for Working People!' on Transition Champaign County (Illinois)!
--------------------

Check out "Demand a Real Economic Recovery for Working People!" on Transition Champaign County (Illinois)

Ricky Baldwin

Time: September 24, 2009 from 5:30pm to 6:15pm
Location: Champaign County Courthouse
Organized By: Ricky Baldwin:

Event Description:
We're STILL losing jobs!
We're STILL losing homes!
We STILL need a "working people's bailout"!

Central Illinois Jobs with Justice, together with C-U Citizens for Peace and Justice and the Catholic Worker House, will rally Thursday to demand a different set of priorities. We need job creation, affordable housing, health care for all!

One year ago, Congress and the Federal Reserve bailed out Wall St. and forgot about Main St!

One year later, most of the "stimulus" money has gone to areas with the lowest unemployment and poverty rates, we are still losing jobs and homes, and no new jobs have been created. Here in C-U shelters are either overflowing or they exclude many of the homeless, and the response of local authorities is to criminalize the homeless themselves!

We demand (1) an end to layoffs, foreclosures and evictions, and local government harassment of the homeless, (2) the creation of jobs-creation and housing programs at the local and national levels, (3) extension of unemployment benefits, including health care, and (4) passage of a strong Employee Free Choice Act and real health care reform!

Furthermore, Jobs with Justice and its coalition partners announce the start of its own "Organizing the Unemployed" Project. To get involved, call Ricky Baldwin.

We are accepting donations for the Safe Haven tent community at this rally: blankets, other bedding, towels, deodorant, razors, no food please.

The next step is the Unity March Saturday Oct. 3. For more info see that event.

See more details and RSVP on Transition Champaign County (Illinois):
http://transitionchampaigncounty.ning.com/events/event/show?id=2576338%3AEvent%3A10782&xgi=1D6nc7MyMuF1OF

If your email program doesn't recognize the web address above as an active link,
please copy and paste it into your web browser
--------------------

About Transition Champaign County (Illinois)
TRANSITION CHAMPAIGN COUNTY is a networking site thtat is part of the TRANSITION MOVEMENT to a sustainable future.

209 members
61 photos
39 videos
109 discussions
146 Events
6 blog posts

To control which emails you receive on the corner, or to opt-out, go to:
http://transitionchampaigncounty.ning.com/?xgo=ZgON2i9sNfsXLobRasUo9boJGtQ67ehxN/HyXcdZDg4gJWCFTy84yng1Xfw2IWIz