[Peace] new immigration-rights group? - Tue 7pm, Champaign Public Library, room "C"

Michael Mulberry mmulberry at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 15:09:44 CDT 2010

Hey Stuart!

Awesome!  Thanks for the ministry you are doing.

If I can be support from afar, please let me know.  I always offer
delegations to Postville, Iowa. (always thought we could create a similar
model in Rantoul).    There are also immersion models out of Chicago--one
being done by the Chicago Religious Leadership Network.  Just go to the CRLN
website www.crln.org and scroll down to the BorderLinks reference.  These
might help people come back to the C-U area with a different perspective on
how to organize.  Just let me know.

I'm also taking a youth and young adult delegation to Chiapas, Mexico, which
will have immigration as part of its focus.  That takes off December 27 and
returns January 5.  Would love to have someone involved from the area.

Each faith, each denomination has developed a resource list for immigration.
 HIAS (Jewish) has great stuff.  I have helped put stuff together for the
UCC.  The ELCA, Pres. USA, and UMC all have great material.  If you ever
want a one page info sheet I and others have put together, please let me
know.  So many people in C-U are so dear to me.

There is so much hate out there.  Thanks for being one of the vanguards of
love and compassion.  Blessings on this continuing ministry

Grace and peace (not as the world gives),
Mike Mulberry

--
www.illinoismayaministry.blogspot.com
www.theunitedchurchofbyron.net

Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of
cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is
the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is
dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty~Oscar Romero