[Peace] AWARE on the Air for Fat Tuesday, 10pm ch.6

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 16 16:38:53 CST 2010

"AWARE on the Air" - tonight at 10pm on cable channel 6 - throws you something
for Mardi Gras, before the penitential season begins.  As the US spreads murder
and destruction around the world, penance for us would seem to be in order.

--Kathy Kelly, via Linda Weber, on speaking truth to power;

--Mark Enslin on the Carrington case; and

--yr. obdt. servt. on the Second Amendment & police review boards.

Ciao, as the Venetians say, CGE

	*	*	*
"Let our position be absolutely clear: an attempt by any outside force to gain
control of the Persian Gulf region will be regarded as an assault on the vital
interests of the United States of America, and such an assault will be repelled
by any means necessary, including military force." --President Carter, State of
the Union Address, 20 January 1980; a somewhat more honest account of why we are
killing people in the Middle East than President Obama's "fighting terrorism."

	#	#	#

believed to be clean.