[Peace] attend the MLK event / AWARE meeting is CANCELLED for this coming Sunday, 17 January 2010

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 11:48:47 CST 2010

AWARE meeting is cancelled for this coming Sunday, 17 January 2010.

In its place, at 5pm, we encourage people to attend Champaign-Urbana's
MLK scholarship ceremony at Krannert.

"The annual community celebration and scholarship program held in
honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. featuring the Champaign Urbana
Community Mass Choir, the 2010 winners of the MLK Scholarship offered
to high school seniors, and keynote address by Dr. James D. Anderson,
Gutgsell Professor, Educational Policy Studies"

-- Krannert's official announcement: --
Martin Luther King Jr. Advocacy for Justice Committee Annual Scholarship Program
DR. JAMES D. ANDERSON, KEYNOTE SPEAKER
CHAMPAIGN-URBANA COMMUNITY MASS CHOIR
When:  Sunday, January 17, 2010, at 5pm
Where: Krannert's Foellinger Great Hall (at the Krannert Center for
the Performing Arts, 500 S. Goodwin Avenue, Urbana, Illinois 61801)

Dr. James D. Anderson, the head of the Department of Educational
Policy Studies at the U of I, will open the celebration for this
year’s Martin Luther King Jr. Advocacy for Justice Committee
scholarship winners. This year’s commemoration of King’s legacy is
entitled “D.R.E.A.M.: Developing Relationships to Empower All
Humanity.”

believed to be clean.