[Peace] upcoming events / movie on child homelessness, ICJPE conference, Paul Street, Coleen Rowley

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 21:55:44 CDT 2010

(Incomplete) list of upcoming peace (and other) events: end of March
beginning of April 2010
(surely there are more things going on!)

"My Own Four Walls" (documentary film on child homelessness)
Wednesday, March 31
7:00PM
The Channing-Murray Foundation
1209 West Oregon, Urbana
homelesss. Courageous young people, with parents and without; staying
in shelters, motels, abandoned buildings, doubled-up, living in vans,
substandard trailers, or as "couch surfers" hopping from one fragile
living arrangement to another have one important thing in common: They
all have hopes and dreams just like children who have their own four
walls.
Discussion: More than 30,636 of Illinois's children experience
homelessness each year. What factors are contributing to this growing
statistic and how can we ameliorate conditions in our own communities?

ICJPE conference
Keynote: Alexander Cockburn: co-editor with Jeffrey St Clair of
CounterPunch; columnist of The Nation's "Beat the Devil", radical
journalist, editor of the book "Corruptions of Empire" ...
Kathy Kelly
Paul Street
Plus many more.

Paul Street and possibly Kathy Kelly
April 11, 2010
in the afternoon
Details to be announced

Champaign County ACLU Annual Meeting
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Milo's Restaurant, 2870 S. Philo Road, Urbana
11:00 a.m.  Doors open
11:30 a.m.  Brunch served $25 per person ($15 for student or low income)
12:15 p.m.  Annual meeting - election of officers, awards and speaker
Speaker:  Coleen Rowley, former FBI agent, whistleblower and active
opponent of the use of torture in investigations.  In 2002, Rowley was
one of three women chosen by TIME magazine as "Person of the Year."
She testified before the U.S. Senate and her testimony was used by the
9/11 Commission about FBI failures related to the September 11, 2001
attack.  She retired from the FBI in 2004 after 24 years with the
agency.

believed to be clean.