[Peace] ACLU brunch April 11 / Barbara Kessel and Coleen Rowley (whistleblower, opponent of torture)

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 21:12:46 CDT 2010

I heard a rumor that Barbara Kessel is getting an award* at the
Champaign County ACLU Annual Meeting.
So I thought I would post the information about the event:

Champaign County ACLU Annual Meeting
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Milo's Restaurant, 2870 S. Philo Road, Urbana
11:00 a.m.  Doors open
11:30 a.m.  Brunch served $25 per person ($15 for student or low income)
12:15 p.m.  Annual meeting - election of officers, awards and speaker

Speaker:  Coleen Rowley, former FBI agent, whistleblower and active
opponent of the use of torture in investigations.  In 2002, Rowley was
one of three women chosen by TIME magazine as "Person of the Year."
She testified before the U.S. Senate and her testimony was used by the
9/11 Commission about FBI failures related to the September 11, 2001
attack.  She retired from the FBI in 2004 after 24 years with the
agency.

- Register Here: http://www.aclu-cu.org/reserve.html

-- karen medina

Notes: * For several things, including her service on the committee
reviewing the jury composition.

believed to be clean.