[Peace] Broadband Network news & discussion: the Chambana Broadband Connection

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.illinois.edu
Thu Nov 4 20:38:29 CDT 2010

[Interested in prospects for broadband internet networking, locally
or around the US?  Passing along this from Laura Allured, who wrote to
aware at anti-war.net -- if this sounds interesting, please see their web site.]

    Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 17:55:45 -0500
    From: Laura Allured <laura at volo.net>
    Subject: Announcing the Chambana Broadband Connection
    To: cbc-intro at volo.net

    Hello C-U community members -

    I'm writing to let you know about a new forum for discussion and information
    about broadband in Champaign-Urbana: The Chambana Broadband Connection, or
    CBC, at http://connection.volo.net

    We created the CBC to serve as an all-inclusive source for current news and
    discussion about local and national developments and challenges in rolling
    out better broadband. We'll start with a gentle introduction to the UC2B
    project with frequent updates and occasional stories about interesting
    broadband developments in other parts of the country. As we get the
    resources, we'll also add broadband usage tips and tricks and, who knows,
    maybe find a practical way to destroy the digital divide!

    Check us out over the next few weeks, and join in the discussion!

    ~Laura