[Peace] Tuesday, november 16 - 7pm (a play) “Strangers/Extranjeras” Channing Murray Foundation

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 10:51:02 CST 2010

Tuesday, november 16 - 7pm
(a play) “Strangers/Extranjeras”
Channing Murray Foundation
1209 W. Oregon, Urbana, Illinois

The Looking for Lilith Theatre Company, presents a two-woman show
featuring two very different young women - a generous Mayan mother
with limited independence and an idealistic, academic volunteer from
the United States - who form a powerful friendship while reconciling
conflicting world views. At once humorous and heartbreaking, the story
speaks to a global family about cultural exchange, the pain of
isolation, the horrors of poverty and the strength of those who
persevere through it all.

Co-sponsored by: Women's Resources Center, Department of Anthropology,
Department of Sociology, Amnesty International-UIUC Chapter, and the
Channing Murray Foundation

-- karen medina
* "The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain

* "Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What
you gain at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog on
his own tail. It won't fatten the dog." - Mark Twain

* "We are always too busy for our children; we never give them the
time or interest they deserve. We lavish gifts upon them; but the most
precious gift--our personal association, which means so much to
them--we give grudgingly." -- Paine, Mark Twain: A Biography
                                                     ###