[Peace] Reminder: Today is the first day of the annual School of the Americas Watch

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 13:49:05 CST 2010

Reminder: Today is the first day of the annual School of the Americas
Watch annual Nonviolent Direct Action to close SOA/WHINSEC, a combat
training school run by the US to train mostly Latin American soldiers.

Several people from Champaign-Urbana are down at Fort Benning, Georgia
for this event.

To them and all those traveling this week, go spreading peace and know
that we love you.

For all of you staying here, we love you. We will try to let you know
of events that you can participate in here. Let us continue to prepare
for peace.

The SOA, frequently dubbed the "School of Assassins", has left a trail
of blood and suffering in every country where its graduates have
returned. Graduates have consistently used their skills to wage a war
against their own people.

The websited for SOA Watch has links to a rideboard, list of hotels
and camping, and some valuable information on nonviolence training and
principles, and a database of those people who have graduated from the
SOA.