[Peace] Free/Affordable Health Care Workshop - Wed. 12/1 at 6 p.m.

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 09:57:02 CST 2010

Do you have questions about where you can go locally to get free or
affordable health care? Then join Champaign County Health Care Consumers
(CCHCC) for our third workshop in our series of health reform workshops.
This workshop is titled "Finding Affordable Health Care: Local Programs &
Resources" and it will be held  on Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 6:00 p.m.
at the Champaign Public Library.

This workshop will feature speakers from several health care providers in
our community who provide free or low-cost health care services. We will
cover topics including:
- free/affordable clinics for outpatient care
- hospital financial assistance programs (including at Carle Clinic)
- mental/behavioral health and substance abuse treatment
- dental
- vision
- hearing
- prescription drugs

We will have handouts available with information on each of these topics.

While national health reform will expand access to health insurance and
health care, many of the most significant changes affecting lower income and
uninsured individuals do not take place until 2014. Until then, many
low-income, uninsured, and underinsured people are struggling to find
affordable health care. This workshop will let community members know about
the various resources, programs, and services available in Champaign County.
We hope you will join us!

This workshop is free and open to the public. The location is wheelchair
accessible and snacks will be provided. Please join us!

WHAT:   CCHCC Health Reform Workshop 3 - Finding Affordable Health Care:
Local Programs & Resources
WHEN:   Wednesday, December 1, 2010
TIME:   6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Champaign Public Library, 200 West Green Street, Champaign
RSVP: Call us at 352-6533 or RSVP on the web at:
http://www.healthcareconsumers.org/index.php?action=Display%20Page&id=786

MORE ABOUT CCHCC'S HEALTH REFORM WORKSHOPS:

Congress passed new national health care reform legislation in March 2010,
with many new regulations taking effect this year. Champaign County Health
Care Consumers is organizing a series of in-depth workshops to provide
consumers with detailed information on the most asked about health reform
topics. These workshops are designed to provide you with consumer friendly
information about the national health reform law and how it will affect you.

Below are the previous workshops:

Workshop 1 - Health Insurance Changes: What You Need to Know - 10/6/10 See
materials from the meeting here:
http://www.healthcareconsumers.org/index.php?action=Display%20Page&id=799

Workshop 2 - Help for Medicare Beneficiaries: New Medicare Benefits and Tips
for Part D Open Enrollment - 11/3/2010

Champaign County Health Care Consumers
44 E. Main Street  Suite 208
Champaign, IL 61820