[Peace] Buy-cott and Boycott today Monday - In Solidarity with Palestine

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 11:54:53 CST 2010

Forwarding from US Campaign to End the Occupation [of Palestine]
November 29, 2010 is International Day of Solidarity with the
Palestinian People.

Today is a great day to show your solidarity by engaging in both
buy-cott and boycott actions to support Palestinian human rights.

Buy-cott:

Start by buying products that support the Palestinian economy, such as
those we offer in cooperation with Canaan Fair Trade at our online
store. A portion of the sale price supports our work.
Or make a gift to the US Campaign through our Amazon.com Wish List,
which has everything we need to get our office running smoothly in the
New Year.
Then buy "End the Occupation" gifts for your family and friends. One
cannot have too much Palestine paraphenalia, such as a warm winter
hoodie or "End the Occupation" coffee mug.

Boycott:

You can also join our "Save (the) Amazon" team. So far there are
nearly 200 of us. Myself included.
Take part in protests, demonstrations and other creative actions
against products and companies that support Israeli occupation and
apartheid.

Today, our own steering committe member, Judith LeBlanc, will speak on
behalf of civil society in support of Palestinian rights at the UN's
annual commemoration in New York.

Tonight my team and I will be at George Washington University with our
local Students for Justice in Palestine, listening to our great friend
and former steering committee member, Huwaida Arraf, as well as our
own National Advocacy Director, Josh Ruebner, talk about the
international achievements in the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions
Movement, and other direct actions to support Palestinian human
rights.

Our eyes will be glued to the computer today, reading the latest
WikiLeaks revelations – more than a quarter of a million pages on the
U.S. Government's role in exacerbating conflicts in the Middle East
and around the world.

The WikiLeaks documents are a reminder of the need for civil society
stand up and take action. Remember that our government was the LAST in
the world to stop supporting South African apartheid.

The responsibility to demand change is on us.

Rob Mosrie
Executive Director

Follow Us On:

 Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Blogger
Vimeo

Support Our Work:

Back to Top

The US Campaign aims to change U.S. policies that sustain Israel's
43-year occupation of the Palestinian West Bank, Gaza Strip and East
Jerusalem, and that deny equal rights for all.

ABOUT | TAKE ACTION | GET INVOLVED | STORE | DONATE | RESOURCES |
MEDIA | SUBSCRIBE | UNSUBSCRIBE

US CAMPAIGN TO END THE ISRAELI OCCUPATION | PO BOX 21539 | WASHINGTON, DC 20009
202-332-0994 | USCAMPAIGN at ENDTHEOCCUPATION.ORG | WWW.ENDTHEOCCUPATION.ORG