[Peace] Unity March on Saturday, Oct. 9 at noon

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 11:50:49 CDT 2010

Greetings,

It has been a year since Kiwane Carrington was killed by a Champaign police
officer.
CU Citizens for Peace and Justice is calling everyone out to join us for the
seventh annual Unity March to commemorate this loss of life.
On Saturday, Oct. 9, at noon, we will begin at 906 W. Vine, the house where
the shooting took place.
We will then march down Bradley to the Randolph St. Garden where we will
plant two fruit trees for Kiwane.
In line with this year's theme "Sowing the Seeds of Empowerment" (see flyer
attached) we will be doing some work in the community garden.
Lunch will be provided.

The previous night, Friday, Oct. 8, from 6:30-9pm, there will be a
symposium, "Other Deaths and Other Truths: Communities Confronting State
Violence," on campus.
It will be held at the Asian American Cultural Center at 1210 W. Nevada St.

Also, don't miss SPEAK Cafe on Thursday night, Oct. 7, from 7-9pm at
Krannert Art Museum, 500 E. Peabody, where the theme is "I Can Hear it Now,
Re-Evolution."

In light of the recent news stories about racial attacks in Champaign, it is
now more important than ever that we stand together in unity!

Peace, BD
--
Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
303 W. Locust St.