[Peace] Avoiding Burn-Out: Sustainable Self-Care for Activists and Advocates / Monday, April 25 / 7pm-9pm

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 14:46:04 CDT 2011

[Forwarding to activists. -karen medina]

Hot Topics "Avoiding Burn-Out: Sustainable Self-Care for Activists and
Advocates"
WHERE: Women's Resources Center (703 S. Wright St, MC-302 2nd Floor,
Champaign, IL 61820)
WHEN: Monday, April 25th, 2011
TIME: 7pm-9pm
discussion of one of the least talked about issues for activists,
organizers, and advocates: how to avoid burn-out. Come listen to a
panel of local organizers and activists as they discuss their own
struggles, insights, and tactics for dealing with all facets of
activist self-care and community-care, from navigating intergroup
conflict to the power of a "positive no." We'll discuss challenges to
activism, how we navigate our own privileges, and what we can do to
keep healthy, active, and sustained. This event is not to be missed!
Activists, organizers, advocates of all strides will benefit from this
event! Hot Topics Dialogues is a collaborative program designed by the
YWCA and Women's Resources Center. All panels last 2 hours and are
free and open to the public. Any questions? Call 217-333-3137 or
e-mail rstorm2 at illinois.edu.

Thank you!
Warmly,
Rachel Storm