[Peace] 7pm Sat: "Afghanistan Veterans Against the War Report-Back" at First Mennonite Church, Lincoln & Springfield, Urbana

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.illinois.edu
Tue Aug 23 23:23:24 CDT 2011

[ Sarah Lazare <sarah.lazare at gmail.com> writes ... ]

A decade too long! Afghanistan Veterans Against the War Speaking Event:

When: Saturday, August 27th, 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Where: First Mennonite Church of Champaign-Urbana - 902 West Springfield
Avenue, Urbana

Recently, two anti-war Afghanistan veterans returned to Afghanistan to
explore the possibilities for future joint projects between Afghanistan
veterans and the Afghan people. Come hear them share their reflections and
thoughts about this reparations, reconciliation, and accountability project.

Their mission:

-Build solidarity with Afghanistan organizations working for peace, human
rights and a just end to the U.S. Occupation of Afghanistan.

-Provide on-the-ground reporting from an Afghanistan veteran perspective.

-Build on contacts from previous delegations in order to gather the
perspectives of Afghans regarding the question: What do the Afghan people
wish for Afghanistan, and how can we as veterans of the Afghanistan War
humbly assist in achieving those goals?

Please come to this important event and bring others to appreciate veterans
speaking their conscience!

With the ten-year anniversary of our invasion of Afghanistan approaching,
it's a critical time to push our government and military to end the wasteful
spending on a failed and unjust occupation, and focus on re-building America
for working families here at home.