[Peace] AWARE on the Air

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Fri Dec 16 20:28:07 CST 2011

AWARE ON THE AIR for 13 December (10pm on channels 6 & 99, repeated
thru the week) - in the 50th week of 2011 & the third month of Occupy
Wall St./99% protests.

Tonight's program features Member of AWARE Conrad Wetzel presenting
Roger Golden, who writes,

"Recently I participated in a Christian Peacemaker Teams delegation in
Jonesborough TN. CPT has been involved since 2003 with the Aerojet
Ordnance plant in Jonesborough. Aerojet is a producer of depleted
uranium (DU) weapons ... I live one hour from Jonesborough and Aerojet
and feel called to continue the work of halting DU weapons production
at Aerojet with local activists and residents. This goal is possible
with direct action ... Appalachian Peace Education Center (APEC), a 30
year old peace group, has made a decision to assist in Aerojet Action."

See also <http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/where_were_you_when_they_crucified_my_movement_20111205/