[Peace] Fwd: Nonviolent Communication Workshops in West Chicago (June 11 and July 9)

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 12:06:26 CDT 2011

These two Nonviolent Communication workshops are offered by the
Institute for Empowering Communication in Chicago. They are great
opportunities to get exposure to Nonviolent Communication from a well
respected trainer and not all that far from home.

The Surprising Purpose of Anger; Saturday, June 11, 2011
Appreciation: Fuel for Life; Saturday, July 9, 2011

"Empowering Communication is our preferred title for Nonviolent
Communication (NVC), a model developed by Marshall Rosenberg, Ph D in
the late 1960s. Dr. Rosenberg was motivated to help people connect
with their own humanity and that of others respectfully,
compassionately, peacefully and with joy. NVC offers a practical and
unique model to empower and transform relationships. It is
inspirational in its invitation to cherish the needs of others as our
own. We predict it will offer challenge and satisfaction to all who
wish to embrace life more fully."

> The Surprising Purpose of Anger
> With Myra Walden and Carolyn Blum
>
> Saturday, June 11, 2011
>
> Anger has an important purpose in emotional well being.  Suppressed, it robs us of inner peace and it can turn into resentment, unexpected explosions and physical symptoms. Fueled, it can result in broken relationships, loss of jobs, or worse. Participants in this workshop will learn a model to process anger, discover its purpose and harvest its gifts.
>

>-----
> Appreciation: Fuel for Life
> With Myra Walden
>
> Saturday, July 9, 2011
>
> Appreciation, a universal human need, can often go unmet. We long to learn if and how we contribute to the well being of others.  When we receive appreciation we feel happy and energy increases. Participants in this workshop will learn a powerful and beautiful model to express appreciation to self and others.
>

> CEUs available for MH Professionals

> http://www.empoweringcommunicationinc.net/workshops/

Who can benefit?
* Individuals
* Families
* Healthcare Professionals
* Teachers and Administrators
* Law Practitioners and Mediators
* Mental Health Professionals
* Activists and Staff of Social Change Organizations
* Corporate Officers, Directors and Managers
* People Seeking Relationship Mentoring or Mediation
* Clergy, Lay Leaders and Staff of Religious Organizations