[Peace] events this week from OccupyCU.org

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 10:37:23 CDT 2011

>From Occupy CU:

Speak out against police brutality
National Day of Action in Solidarity with Occupy Oakland

Calvin Miller was viciously beaten by Champaign Police. A day later,
peaceful protesters in Oakland were attacked, resulting in the
fracturing of an Iraq veteran's skull. Stand against police violence
in CU and around the country.

Join us for a rally at the plaza behind the Champaign Police
Department (1st and University) at 6:30pm followed by a march to West
Side Park for a SPEAK OUT against police brutality.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

An Injury to One is an Injury to All

occupycu.org -> http://occupycu.org/

----- other upcoming occupycu events ------
General Assembly
Channing-Murray Foundation
1209 W Oregon
November 4th, 6-9pm

Occupy Our Concert
Channing-Murray Foundation
1209 W Oregon
November 4th, 9-12pm
After the General Assembly (above), there will be a benefit concert
for Occupy CU.
Come to this FREE Concert and learn about this movement!!!, while
having fun listening to bands and speakers.
The Red Herring Vegetarian Restaurant will have coffee, tea, popcorn
and snacks available.
Featuring musical performances by;
Sonny Stubble: http://www.facebook.com/SonnyStubble
Dave King “The Duke of Uke”
and more….
“We challenge you: talk to your parents, your teachers, your friends,
and develop a solid opinion of what is the state of our society. We
challenge you, come and make democracy real.”

Occupy a Champaign-Urbana Street Corner
Saturday, November 5th, 3-5pm
Corner of Green and Wright, Champaign
Finally, there will be another “Occupy a Champaign-Urbana Street
Corner” event. This is a weekly effort to reach out to people in the
community to let them know what the Occupation is all about. We will
have signs to get attention, flyers to provide information, and
conversations with passersby to develop understanding. Bring a sign!
Bring flyers!